1. Line a baking tray with baking paper, and heat oven to 200oC.
2. Place half of the cauliflower florets on the baking tray then drizzle with olive oil and salt. Place in oven, and cook for 30-40 minutes until well browned.
3. Meanwhile with a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil; frying the garlic and onion until golden.
4. Add the remaining cauliflower and chopped potatoes, and continue to fry for 10 minutes – stirring regularly.
5. Add chicken stock to saucepan, bring to boil and then turn down to a simmer.
6. Once the cauliflower florets in the oven are browned, remove from the oven and place in saucepan with stock and vegetables. Simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Once all potatoes and cauliflower florets are tender, blend with a stick blender or food processor.
8. Finally add half a cup of cream and season to taste.