1. Line a baking tray with baking paper, and heat oven to 180oC.
2. Bend the asparagus spears so that they naturally break off the woody ends.
3. Place asparagus in baking tray, and crush garlic over the asparagus.
4. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus, and toss asparagus to coat in garlic and oil.
5. Season with salt and pepper, before placing in the hot oven for 10 minutes.
6. Remove asparagus from oven, and lightly sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return to oven for 2 minutes.
7. Remove asparagus from oven, and serve whilst hot.